Make Your Own Pizza...


Well, Almost...!

I have long been intrigued by a sign that says "Project Pie". So one day I saunter in with a group of young 'uns, who despite their age, were totally acquainted with this place, and were literally savvy about their savories!

So in I walk...and find me a cantina style table and chair in the main dining hall.  After no pleasantries, i proceed to a winding cafeteria style food service module, where I am asked a series of questions designed to make me my dream pizza pie!

Everything on it! Or Nothing on it! First there's the crust...thick or thin? Then Start with the sauce --- tomato or agli oglio? More caramel iced onions por favor! Five kinds of cheese, please! Mushrooms, more! Shrimp, sure! Anchovy, just for me! Olives...what gives! And so it went.  


My choice looked suspiciously like a Shakey's Friday Special,with enough ingredients to make it more special for a whole month of Friday's instead of just one.

Now that I have sufficiently confused you with a multiple of brands...here's the kicker.  Project Pie,creatively and discombobulatingly labelled as Artisanal Pizza, is a special brand of Shakey's, the one brand in the country known for its amazingly crunchy thin crust! So my Friday Special preference was not too far a stretch after all!

And the perfect companion to this pizza pie for the intelligentsia? Bottles of Brew Kettle beer, the surprisingly delectable beer from Asia Brewery that looks like it's a micro brewery concoction, it looks so cute and tastes so fresh.  But eh, choose your poison...there was Corona, Heinecken, Asahi Super Dry too.

So the next time you want some control in the taste of your pizza...the next time you want to feel as though you practically made it, even if merely voice activated...the next time you want something different, you just have to try Project Pie!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment